(external affecting neighbours or to comply with regulation and internal to workplaces)
- Hearing Loss Risk Assessments (Noise levels and Noise dose testing)
- Noise abatement
- UV Radiation
- Thermal comfort
- Thermal Stress
- Manual handling risk assessments
- Asbestos risk assessment, treatment recommendations and audits
- Cooling Tower risk assessments, advice and audits and
Quality Assurance of Legionella Risk Management Programs
- Ventilation engineering advice
- Indoor Air Quality Risk Assessments in public environments e.g. shopping centres
- Preparation of documentation for SafetyMap
- Carbon Accounting Reports
- Cancer clusters in workplaces
- Multiple employees with skin irritation
- Itchy palms (alergic skin reaction to uncured inks and coatings)
- Confined Spaces
- Hazardous substances &/or material safety data sheets
- Risk Assessing Hazardous Substances
- Noise and Hearing Conservation
- Outdoor work and UV Radiation
- Spray painting safety
- Hazardous Substances, MSDS’s and Risk Assessments
- Legionnaires’ Disease and management of risks
- Environmental Noise Monitoring in Victoria
- Training developed for specific purposes
Why, When, How, Where, What…
If you, your employees, a union, Worksafe are concerned about the effect of the working environment on short-term or longer-term health issues.
It is not always a complex or expensive process to make a significant difference. As an Engineer, Industrial Chemist and Hygienist Michael is uniquely placed to find practical and cost effective harm minimisation strategies.
Compliance with the law might sound onerous but as our practice is that Michael is always the first onsite so he can translate complexity into practical and doable steps uniquely tailored to your circumstances.
Envirosaphe Consulting is called in to address questions such as:
- The Inspector has just come, can you help me?
- Public spaces such as cinemas, bars, shopping centres, car parks as well as workplaces need to meet specified standards, how can we test this?
- I go home with ringing in my ears can you help me?
- I have two staff recently diagnosed with asthma, are risks from dusts, chemicals or microbial contamination adequately managed within the workplace (office, factory, shopping centre)?
- Is ventilation adequate given the processes present in the workplace?
- Is the noise experienced by employees at work likely to result in hearing loss?
- Are noise control strategies adequate for the noise from work or entertainment activities and processes?
- Are the risks of legionella with cooling towers on your site or building being adequately managed for employees or the public?
- It there more that can be done to provide protection to people at work?
- Am I compliant with the law?
At EnvirosapHe we commit to designing any monitoring program, if needed, in a cost-effective way, avoiding unnecessary tests, and passing on at-cost laboratory to you if you are our client.
- If you believe there may be a health and safety issue associated with an existing or new process.
- As a due diligence exercise to ensure nothing has been overlooked.
- When health issues have been raised by Worksafe, Workcover or other government agencies.
- When visitors or employees have raised concerns.
- When required to by law such as the mandatory certification of cooling towers.
- Ring to discuss your concerns and problems to enable a proposal to be prepared for your consideration.
- Share with us relevant information which helps us to distill the issues and key questions which need to be answered.
- Invite us to attend your site for a preliminary assessment.
- Where monitoring is required, allow a detailed monitoring program proposal to be developed and costed options presented.
- Every workplace or building has unique attributes and so there is no substitute to on-site inspections and assessments.
- Testing for air quality should be conducted where people are potentially exposed to a contaminant, the testing of air-handling equipment for example for potential toxic agents may help explain an exposure mechanism. This applies where biological contamination of a workplace may result from contaminated air-handling units.
- Not every problem can be tested for.
- Testing often aims to answer specific questions and so the questions may have to be framed in a way that each element or component of the problem can be identified and the relevant benchmarks identified and the relevant tests determined.
- We start with the end in mind, our investigations are tightly solution focused.
- You will be provided with a written report detailing what investigations have found – areas in which you are compliant with international and Australian standards – and areas in which improvement is required
- Recommendations provided will tell you how to achieve the improvements you require and to ensure compliance with the law and you obligations to your employees and the public
- We offer a service to explain what we have found and assist you with implementing recommendations